Thursday, March 4, 2021

Quincee Goes on a Mission- kinda

What's up friends!

Sooo I started a mission! In the times of corona-it's quite different; instead of being in person at the Missionary Training Center in Mexico, I'm doing all of my learning virtually. My bedroom now doubles as my at home Missionary Training Center (HMTC) for the next six weeks. 

HMTC is kinda wild- definitely have a love hate relationship goin on right now. For example- I love that, despite the pandemic, I'm still able to learn a ton online! I absolutely hate being on screens all day.  These blue light glasses aren't cutting it.

The group of Elders and Hermanas in my district are awesome. I actually got to meet some of the Hermanas when my family traveled to Utah, so that was super cool!! My companion, Hermana Brown, is great. We are very different people; I’m a total extrovert, she is an introvert. She's brilliant, I'm well the opposite. Despite not being similar we get along great and work together well!


Adjusting to Mexico City time (+2 hours) and waking up for classes has been... difficult. If you know me, then you know I'm a total night owl- so it's been quite the adjustment going to bed at 9:00 and waking up at 5:00 California time. 


Besides the computer screen, and well, learning Spanish, things are going great! Today (3/1/2021) is my first day of week four (4/6), and we are ramping up the Spanish learning. Our teachers told us a few days ago we need to be memorizing 90 words a day! Yeah I'm a little asustada. Woohoo only 89 more words to go!


As for those asking about my reassignment, well, I don't have one yet. Paraguay has actually opened up their borders and are letting missionaries come in. SO for right now I am hopeful that I will make it to Paraguay on March 23rd! We shall see. Wherever I end up, I am just excited to get out there and serve!


Online MTC has definitely been hard, but I have felt strengthened. "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." 

Te amo, 

Hermana Carter 

My District- 8C!!

Home MTC setup

Lava Tube exploring with my cousins

Congrats Justin!! Welcome to the family Emma!!

My comp plus special guest Hermana Paulsen


For liability purposes this is not me and my
friends roller skating

Pickleball with my Hermanas;)
 Teeples, Brown, and Frischknecht





8 comments:

  1. so excited for you, Hermana Quincee. You're going to be a great missionary and you are already a great example for me and my family. gracias!
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quincee Love your dedication to looking for the positive in your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermana Carter! You are a beautiful sister missionary. I can’t wait to be beguiled by all of your exciting adventures described by your witty words! Love you! Bec ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicidades, Quincee! Y bienvenida como miembra de los Carters hispanohablantes. ;) Que pena que tienes que hacer el MTC a distancia, pero genial que todavía hay chance de ir para Paraguay. Cuídate mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited/nervous for you. You're going to do great things and have amazing experiences. Keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great Quincee! I'm glad that I got to see you at the wedding. Love you so much! You are an amazing person and will do great things on your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY QUINCEE!!! So excited for these! Also, I kinda look good in that cousin picture... send it to me.

    ReplyDelete