Monday, July 26, 2021

¿Dónde Piko Está Mi Dinero?

¡Mba'éichapa!

The work continues, my friends, and I am loving it! Here's a few stories from this week.

Every Sunday we wake up bright and early and walk to a poorer neighborhood in our area to bring kids to church whose parents don't want to go. This week 7 people came with us and it was awesome to see these kids desire to attend church. 

This Sunday I also gave my first talk in Spanish. 15 minutes of terror but I did it! And people said that they actually understood me woohoo!! 

  • We got to do baptisms for the dead this week with our ward! Temple work is so cool!
  • Had some fun lessons
  • Taught members how to make brownies
  • Played Uno with some ladies in the ward, in case you were wondering- I won
  • A bunch of American missionaries had to do immigrations (Hermana Pendleton included) so we went to a super fancy lunch after! It was so good!
  • Being a city girl has been fun but what the what, money doesn't last here.

"July 24th, Pioneer Day, marks the date in 1847 when the first group of pioneers, many pulling handcarts, ended their treacherous journey across the country from Illinois to the Salt Lake Valley." Soooooo- happy Pioneer day y'all! I am so grateful for what they sacrificed, I hope you are too:) 

Te amo,

Hermana Carter

Wet hair, don't care.



Bananagrams in Spanish #concentration

Barrio chiquito (the kids we brought to church).

P-day adventures- delicious fancy restaurant




No comments:

Post a Comment