What's up everyone!!
It's been a hot minute and I apologize for being MIA- it's been a lil crazy! We've had a full past couple of weeks. We are working our butts off and I am tired but I can sleep when I'm dead!
I am not going to lie, the mission isn't always rainbows and sunflowers. After having a lot of success, we were given a real nice left hook that we didn't see coming. People stopped meeting with us, some people moved, and we just were kind of down in the dumps. As missionaries, it can be really hard to not take these things personal. It's hard to not ask yourself what did I do wrong, what more could I have done, why is this happening to us... I was able to realize that it's not what I was doing, but what others were doing. We all have our own agency and we can use it how we want. It really sucks when people use their agency to do things you know will hurt them, but you can find comfort in the fact that you know you did everything you could.
I was pretty sad, but I have also felt a lot of divine help these past weeks. When I've been down in the dumps, God has lifted me up, and helped me to keep chugging along. Not just keep chugging, but He has helped me to work hard and do it with a good attitude. Yes there are hard days in the mission, but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. The good outweighs the bad. No doubt!
- Got transfer calls!! Tomorrow morning I'm heading to Marambure in Luque
- Sad to leave Hermana Roman and mija Hermana Castro
- We are still teaching Carlos and he's doing great
- Played handball as a district and it was 10/10 would recommend
- Had to speak in front of the leadership of our mission about Facebook and I had maybe a minute to prepare myself. Yikes!
- Had probably one of my craziest lessons where a religious dude just shouted at us and told us that we are going to hell #fun
- Lots of great missionaries ended their missions this transfer and I am super sad about it
- Held a plank for 4 minutes #letsgooo
- I got a haircut and said just a trim and the lady cut like 5 inches
- I love Christmas music
- Got some great emails from great people
- Thanks to all those who write:) I really appreciate it
Te amo,
Hermana Carter
No comments:
Post a Comment