Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Que Freaking Loco



I am in shock. I am in awe. And I am overwhelmed with gratitude. There is no other way to describe it. I am shocked that the best 18 months of my life are ending. I am in awe by the goodness of God, His mercy and His love. I am so very grateful that I have had the opportunity to serve a mission here in Paraguay and come to know and love my Savior. This week I:

  • Ate a lot of chipa
  • Found some amazing new people to teach
  • Learned how to make Columbian arepas
  • Said lots of goodbyes
  • Had a full house in church for my last Sunday 
  • We are planning to extend 3 baptismal invitations in the next week.. well my hijas gonna do it
  • My "daughter" is going to train a new missionary #queloco
  • I am returning home with a bag full of yerba, stomach full of chipa, and at least 7 marriage proposals 
  • We went to Mercado 4 again. Good time! My dad would've hated it
  • Lots of plank competitions this week
  • I love the people here and this country is amazing! Add it to your bucket list 

I don't know how I could possibly sum up all my mission in just one email. Just the best. Wow. Yes, I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ for my entire life but now I understand what I believe. I have gained a testimony. I now have a personal relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I never will be able to understand the love He has for me. He suffered all things then died for me so that I can repent and return to live with Him someday. He is my best friend. He is my number one fan. He is cheering me on. Oh how He loves us. Please never forget that. In the darkest moments, when you feel like no one is there, He is there and He will help you. He loves you. You are His child

The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration. Russell M Nelson is called of God. Repentance is a good thing. If we pray He listens. We have a divine potential. He loves us. I love you, thank you for all the support. See y'all in the States.

Te amo, 

Hermana Carter 



Chipa!!



No comments:

Post a Comment