Thursday, April 29, 2021

Quincee Gets Schlapped

Helloooooo everyone!!

What a great week it's been! It was full of ups and downs, long bus rides, tons of appointments, lots of laughs, and the cherry on top- I had my first baptism in the mission!! 

My companions are Sister Training Leaders, which means they have to go to other zones and train other companionships. We've trained three companionships thus far. First were the hermanas from Moroni, the area in the capitol city. Next were the hermanas from San Jorge, the closest area to us. Last were the hermanas from Conception- a 7 hour bus ride away. Our first two trainings were within 30 minutes from our house, but for Conception- I experienced my first "red-eye" bus ride. We left our house at 11pm Monday night and arrived in Conception at 6am the next morning. 

Conception is super cool place. It reminds me of a town you would see in the movies. Motorcycles and Vespas rule the streets. There are people trying to sell you stuff around every corner. Tons of street food and random statues. We were in Conception from Tuesday to Thursday. It was a really cool experience but jeez I don't want to do that bus ride again!

When we got back to Loma Pyta we went straight to work. We had a bunch of appointments and preparation we needed to do for the baptism that weekend. Eugenia is awesome, and has been having lessons with the missionaries for about two months. She's 25 and dating a member... well she was dating a member. As of Saturday- she's married to a member. That's right, she was baptized and married on the same day! So on Saturday we arrived at the church early to set up the marriage in one room and the baptism in the other. Eugenia got married first, then changed her clothes, and her now husband, Ariel, baptized her. It was such an awesome happy day! 

And for the peeps that don't want to read everything- here's some other highlights:
 • After 3 weeks in Paraguay, I FINALLY had my first day without eating cow. What a joyous day it was... for me. My comps weren't too happy. 
• There was a crazy storm that started while we were walking to an appointment. The streets flooded. We basically walked two miles in a river. 
• Another storm. Never have I ever heard thunder so loud or lightning strike so close. Our power was out for 1.5 days
• I was one of the witnesses for Eugenia's baptism - woohoo! 
• They have Acai here and it schlaps 
• The 25th was my amazing mothers birthday and I got to call her for a little birthday song and chat. I sure do love my mom.
• I got some awesome emails from some awesome people. Thank you so much for that! It means more than you can know.

This week I've felt my Savior's love manifested in so many different things. He is so aware of my needs. The Lord is aware of you. He knows your pains. He is there for your highs and lows. And wow oh wow does he love you!!

Te Amo, 
Hermana Carter


Training the sisters in Moroni

A mask has many uses. This is my favorite way to use one.

We made it to Concepcion

The District!

Eugenia and Ariel after they were married

The happy bride and the happy hermanas



2 comments: