Monday, May 3, 2021

Quincee Gets Quarantined- sorta

Hola!!

The unfortunate news arrived on Sunday night that we would be in quarantine for two weeks. Being that I'm from California and experienced quarantine I was ready to curl up in a ball and well, die. But alas, quarantine in Paraguay is not the same as California (praise). Our quarantine consists of no in person visits, limiting church attendance to 25 people, and being in our house by a curfew of 8:00pm. Quarantine definitely isn't fun, but it's not curl up in a ball awful. We are still allowed to go to the park and work out every morning. We can go to the church for our zoom calls for a change of scenery. Stores are open. Buses are running. The biggest bummer is that for the next two weeks, we can't teach people in person:( But hey, one week down, only one week to go!

Remember how I said I hope I don't have to have one of those long bus rides to Conception again. Welp, it's not a bus ride to Conception so I guess that's cool. We are leaving at 9pm tonight for Pedro Juan which is 8 hours away, 2 hours further than Conception. Consider me stoked for that!

This week wasn't too eventful but here are a few cool things

  • We had a devotional with Elder Villar of the 70. 
  • There was a boy who got baptized in my companion's old area. We were allowed to attend because my companion had taught his family.
  • I am NOT flexible, but because I´ve been stretching every morning, I can finally touch my toes!
  • Christmas miracle- no carne this week. All the members were on a chicken kick this week I guess
  • My companions let me download the song Oceans onto our phone and that song is soooo good
  • Somethings wrong with our water heater so we've had cold showers for three days. 
  • If I ever start to fall asleep during a zoom meeting I just hold my breath. PR-1:43 woohoo

  • I hit one month here in Paraguay on Sunday so that's all kinds of crazy!!

  • Always a highlight-emails from super purete people

Well I'm off to Pedro Juan!! I'm sure that'll give me something to write about for next week.

Te Amo,

Hermana Carter

Pajama Party

Baptism with all the Hermanas

Bus Rides with my comps

Pretty Paraguayan clouds


1 comment: