Don't be alarmed, but when I say I may have killed
someone, really I should be saying I definitely killed someone. That someone is Hermana Soria.
The mission has fun little sayings like: your trainer is your
mom, the trainer of your trainer is your grandma, and when your companion goes
home, well they call that a kill. So, in mission terms, I killed my
mother.
This was Hermana Sorias last week on her mission so we kinda
went ham trying to fit everything in! We started off the week with intercambios
with the Hermanas de Sajonia. It was so weird having a gringa with us for the
day who was more green/new than me (Hermana Leeland has been here for three
weeks). Finished intercambios with them and went directly into intercambios
with the Hermanas de Campo Grande. Had a bunch of lessons, walked a lot,
learned a lot, etc. I feel really lucky to have the Hermana leaders as my
companions because every intercambio we have I get to see and learn new ways I
can improve my teaching... anywho. Ended intercambios with Campo Grande
Thursday morning and headed to the mission office for Hermana Sorias exit
interview. The next day we had one last lesson together with Juan and
then she was off. I'm going to miss Hermana Soria tons! ¡Exito y suerte
hermana!
Hermana Gill and I continued on in the obra. Had lots of
great lessons. I had to speak a lot more cause there's only the two of us now,
but it's good for me!
RECORD SCRATCH!!!!
okay so I'm sitting here typing up my
email, enjoying my pday, and the zone leaders just call and say I'm getting transferred!! What the what!?!? I'm heading 20 minutes down the road to the big city. I'm going to be in the area by the temple called Moroni.
This week has been crazy and it just got a whole lot
crazier!! I gotta go pack!
- had some bombbb lasagna
- it's winter in Paraguay
and, get this, it's actually cold. I
definitely didn't expect that! Pleasant surprise
- I love music and I'm really
starting to love Christian music! check out Majo y Dan for some bops
- We had quite a few noche de
hogares and that was super fun
- I think this week was an all
time high for miles walked
- Ricardo is doing great! Getting
ready to receive the priesthood!!
- Ricardo's wife participated
in one of the lessons with us this week #progress
- Got to call my dad for
fathers day! He's kinda the greatest! Love him!
- My dad is super cool
- For fathers day
basically every dad in Paraguay was grillin (asado), everywhere
you went, the air straight up smelled like steak
- Paraguay beat
Bolivia 3-1 in the Copa America (futbol)
- I love this area and the
people here so RIP cambios but I'm excited to see what's to come
PS- I am totally freaking out about being transferred. This is my first one. New area, new comp, new apartment. Here I goooooooo!!!
Te amo,
Hermana Carter
 |
| RIP Mom |
 |
| Bomb Lasagna |
 |
| My mom Hermana Soria |
 |
| Hermanas de Sajonia |
 |
| Let's take a poll-Who thinks Hermano Romero is sleeping in this picture? |
 |
| Ricardo y Nélida🥰 |
 |
| Last lesson together ft Juan |
 |
| Feliz cumpleaños Pedrito |
 |
| First lesson in a duo ft Abi |
 |
| Almost found a Paraguayan girl taller than me.. so close |
 |
| Adios campo, I'm off to the city now |
No comments:
Post a Comment