Once again feeling very grateful... I feel like that's going
to be a common theme on my mission.
I'm feeling grateful for the amazing members who welcome us
into their homes and hearts, feeling grateful for my companions who have become
my friends, grateful for Hermana Soria's example of hard work, even in her very
last days here, grateful for every lesson we teach, every message we share. I'm
so grateful to be a representative of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
You might be wondering, how's Ricardo doing?!
Well let me tell ya-I'm beyond stoked for Ricardo cause this Saturday he
was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints! It has been quite the journey with Ricardo and I couldn't be more happy
that his journey will continue with Christ in his life. Big ole woohoo for
Ricardo!
Some highlights this past week:
- Had lots of great
lessons
- Had intercambios with the
Hermana's de Palma Loma
- Went toad hunting (just
trying to be more like my dad)
- Played some ping pong- I
still suck
- Bought a basketball and I'm
ready to break some ankles (probs my own)
- Had a lesson with a friend of
Hermano Rojas, her name is Lora, and she's great!
- We have been taking Hermano
Rojas son, Carlos, on missionary splits with us in preparation for his
mission
- Why is it that whenever I
prepare for rain - nada; but when I am so not ready for it - it rains!
- Basically ran 3 miles in the
rain - jaja
- Nelida, Ricardo's wife, is a
bomb chef and she gave us a giant cake-yummy!
- Hermana Soria said lots of
goodbyes this week and it was pretty sad ngl
As a missionary, we finish almost every lesson with a
challenge or an invitation. Today I wanted to end my email with a challenge for
all y'all.
When we look for God's hand in our lives, we will be blown
away by His influence. I challenge you to look for His hand; look for the
blessings in your life. Live this week, and every day, with a grateful heart
and I promise it will make you a happier person over all. I am so very grateful
for every little blessing I've received. I hope this week you all can
recognize them too.
Te amo,
Hermana Carter
 |
| Saying adios to Hermana Soria's hair |
 |
| Definitely not Handel's, but it will do |
 |
| Besos (was not a frog prince) |
 |
| When Nelida legit gave us a whole cake!! |
 |
| Chulina |
 |
| Taking Carlos on missionary splits (with Hermana Stratton) |
 |
Paraguay knows how to make a hamburger
 | | Familia Romero |
|
 |
| WoooooHooooo Ricardo! |
 |
| Bienvenidas Ricardo |
Sister Q - love your messages and your challenge! thanks for sharing - seeing gods hand gives me peace and perspective
ReplyDelete