Hola!!!
Do
you believe in miracles, I do! Cause I heard that BYU beat the Utes
#miriclesarereal #gocougs. No but actually I have seen so many miracles in my
mission. I am so grateful to have been in this amazing country these past few
months and see the hand of God in this great work.
I
also am sooo grateful for all the birthday wishes this week. I read every single
email and I am so blessed to have such great friends. I love each and everyone
of you!
We
have been teaching this one man named Rasta for a little over a month. We've
had lots of lessons and given him lots of opportunities to pray in front of us but
it's always the same answer. Tengo vergüenza. Tengo miedo. We had a lesson with
him last night and it was the same answer. I'm scared, but then we really dug
in and he said maybe I'm not just scared, maybe I don't feel worthy to pray.
We
were able to talk about the atonement and other really important things. We
were completely guided by the spirit. We finished the lesson, and pushing my
doubts aside, I asked him again. I asked him to close with a prayer and he said
okay I'll try. It was so amazing. It was a simple but beautiful prayer. You
could feel the spirit so strongly.
- We did a few chapel tours
- Had a huge breakthrough with Raquel.
Please keep her in your prayers
- It was real rainy this week
- then it was real hot
- its 104 today, and apparently that's not
even bad
- 20 years on this planet #cool #grandma
- Cougs beat the Utes - just want to say that
again
- Made and delivered lots of brownies
- I tried some soda for the first time in a
whilleeee. Still sucks:(
- Somebody tried to pickpocket Hermana Roman
in the bus but she's too fast
- We have this area called the red zone aka
the Compton of Paraguay. We are not allowed to go there
- ^^We went this week with our district
leader to teach a lesson in person #scary
It's
thanks to the atonement of our Savior I was able to have one of the most tender
moments in my mission. I was able to promise Rasta that it's thanks to Jesus
Christ and His suffering and pain that we don't have to suffer with holding on
to our past sins. It's thanks to Him we can be forgiven. Not only was this so
significant to Rasta, but this is something very special to me. I am not a
perfect person, I am actually quite far from it. But through the atonement I
can repent, I can get better, I can strive to be more like Christ.
Te
amo
Hermana
Carter
![]() |
| Rain! Not in California any more |
![]() |
| 7/10 but hey they liked them |
![]() |
| Sis Roman is my homie |
![]() |
| Chillin in the church |




No comments:
Post a Comment