Monday, May 24, 2021

Quincee Keeps Smiling and Laughing

I'm kind of short on time this week, hence my email is a wee bit small

This week:

  • We had our first in person district meeting which was AWESOME
  • The weather was wack. One day it's super cold, the next I get a sunburn in .7 seconds
  • Ricardo and Juan both came to church again- whoop whoop!
  • There's a cat that likes to come say hi to us at our apartment every night. Not a huge fan of the cat, but for some weird reason it loves me. My comps named her Quincee.
  • I'm only 5´6, maybe 5´7, but I have yet to meet a girl that's taller than me.
  • Everyone asks if I play basketball.
  • Lots of people also ask if I'm related to Jimmy Carter-no I am not :/
  • My comps pointed out that before we wouldn't talk at night when we were falling asleep because I couldn't understand what they were saying. But now we are talking and laughing every night. That's encouraging!

After a week of working super hard and having lots of new contacts it was a bit hard to transition into this week which was kind of slow and not super eventful. I was feeling down on myself thinking what could I have done more when I received an email from a favorite Fraunt (friend+aunt) and I'd like to share what she said..

"I listened to a podcast yesterday that helped remind me that helping in any way to brighten someone's day is the Lord's work. It doesn't need to be a baptism, a lesson, or a grand act of service ... every little smile and laugh counts."

Thanks Sarah, and thank you to everyone who sends me emails. It really means a lot!

Keep smiling and laughing  

Te amo,

Hermana Carter

At the mission office

Noche de hogar with familia Romero

Asunción Norte distrito

Crinilda

Beautiful Sunrise

El Gato "Quincee"




No comments:

Post a Comment