Monday, May 31, 2021

Quincee Kills Her Mom's Cheesy Titles for Blog Posts- RIP

 **From the Mom- Quincee begged me to stop the Quincee theme in her blog post titles, so this will be the last one (tear drop, sigh..). So I begged her to do a letter even though she said it was an uneventful week. Here is what her "uneventful week" sounded like:

Hi All-

This week wasn't super eventful, but is was a good week regardless. Lots of walking, lots of fun times, and lots of cancelled appointments. 

  • We had a few more lessons with Ricardo, who is doing great. He is reading the Book Of Mormon and I am so happy for him.
  • Our trio survived transfers so we are staying together and staying put in Loma Pyta. So I get to be with my awesome comps a few weeks more. 
  • We had exchanges with the Hermanas in San Jeorge (hor-hey).  Everyone here calls San "Hor-hey" Saint George just to make the Latinas say Saint George because it is really hard form them to pronounce. Nice to have the roles reversed on pronunciation because I am always pronouncing Spanish words wrong. 
  • We had lots of appointments fall through this week and lots of appointments cancel. It's funny how before I was a missionary, down time at home or in college was awesome. I never complained about having too much down time and I always looked forward to it. But here when people cancel I get super bummed out. And when we don't have anything to do it can be seriously disheartening.  The work here is awesome, and when we are working really hard that is when I am the most happy. 
  • We called every contact in our area book one day this week when we had lots of cancellations. Not one person had time to see us. So if you have missionaries serving in your area, try to invite them over to share a message or a treat or vegetable.  ( I really really miss vegetables!!)
Shout out to Robyn Copa who, based on her missionary experiences in Argentina, advised me to always carry toilet paper with me in my bag while on my mission. That advice came in clutch this week when I had to use a members bathroom, which was straight up just a bucket and no toilet paper. But I had some TP in my bag, thank goodness!!  And for all of you Nacho Libre fans, I am the real life version of a quote from that movie. Since I arrived in Paraguay on Easters......  you can figure out the quote that applies to my life now. 

I am happy and so grateful to be serving a mission in Paraguay. 

Te Amo, 

Hermana Carter







1 comment:

  1. Unplanned down time, TP, and the squirts! Ahhh, the life of a missionary. #blessedfortrying #peptombismolanyone #keeponkeepingon

    - Uncle Rob

    ReplyDelete