Monday, April 25, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!

THIS IS IMPORTANT!! It's my mom's birthday today! I love her with all my heart and she is the bestest and you should all go tell her happy birthday! Okay now you can scroll down and just look at the pictures:)

  • We had a 10/10 training with all the sisters of the mission #huevos
  • Intercambios with Laurelty this week
  • We taught a little girl about conquering her fears and I talked about how I'm scared of the dark and she prayed that I would be fine walking home in the dark #cute
  • We went to a house to share the gospel and left with 7 grapefruits, 3 avocados and a new best friend
  • We had a lesson with a 93 year old man that only spoke guarani... that was interesting
  • There was a huge storm on Friday and our power went out for a day and our house legit flooded with water
  • We had consejo de zona (which is different from conferencia de zona) and it was super fun!!

We were in charge of part of the consejo de zona and did a training that helped me to realize how important it is to listen. We split the zone in two, group A went with Hermana Buono and she told them "okay you guys are going to tell your partner a story that's really important to you" and in group B, I told them "your partner is going to tell you a story and none of you are going to listen. You are going to act like it's not important." We partnered people up from groups A and B and ran the practice.  At the end we got into a group and talked about how we felt. The people from group A felt really hurt, they felt unimportant. 

We were able to realize the potential we have to hurt others when we don't listen. With cell phones, social media and all the distractions in this world, sometimes we forget to listen.

Think about that friend, family member, co-worker who's such a good listener. How do they make you feel? Good? Probably. I invite you to be more like them. Try to make others feel good. Listen to what they have to say. Put away your phones. Make eye contact. Be selfless and just listen. Be good listeners and I promise you, you will make a difference in someone's life. Thanks Hannah for making a difference in mine!

Te amo,

Hermana Carter

Laurena y Nino

Not a fan

Consejo de zona!!

Love

Familia de Gamarra

Familia Cabrera

Gang Gang


No comments:

Post a Comment